Thursday, February 09, 2012

Man's Ex-Girlfriend Has Warning For His Fiancee


DEAR ABBY: My boyfriend, "Brady," broke up with me in November. Five weeks later he became engaged to someone else. I found out after that I have genital warts. My yearly exams never showed any problems before, so I know I got them from Brady. I'm getting treatment now, but I'll be contagious for the rest of my life.
I have been unable to tell Brady about this because he won't respond to my attempts to contact him. I'm now trying to decide if I should tell his fiancee. I know he wants children, and this disease can have some serious repercussions if she gets pregnant.
Do I leave this woman in the dark, or should I give her the medical information she and her doctors should have? -- NEEDS TO DO THE RIGHT THING IN NEW YORK
DEAR NEEDS TO DO THE RIGHT THING: Five weeks into a relationship is a whirlwind courtship, unless Brady was cheating on you with his fiancee before your breakup. If that's the case, she may be the person who infected Brady.
Since he won't respond to you, send him a registered letter informing him of your diagnosis, and any other information about genital warts you feel is relevant. If you're worried that the fiancee is in the dark about this, send her a copy -- also by registered mail. That way you'll know it was received.

No comments:

Post a Comment