Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Melanie Amaro: I’m buying some chicken

Melanie Amaro will spend her X Factor winnings on a new house – and some chicken. Melanie Amaro: I’m buying some chicken
The singer triumphed on the first series of the show, the final of which was last night. Melanie landed a $5 million recording contracting after trumping Josh Krajcik to take home the prize.
She is still coming to terms with her win and has discussed what she’ll do with her newfound wealth.
'Life will change a lot. The most I have ever had before was $200, if I was lucky,' she told People.
'[I’ll buy mom a new house.] The one we live in now sucks. [And] I can't live without [chicken]. It's my favourite food.'
Josh is happy Melanie won and is looking forward to returning to a more normal life. He plans to 'decompress' for a few days before spending time with his loved ones.
'It was a relief when it was over,' he admitted. 'I felt pride for Melanie and pride for myself. She deserved to win; America decided, and she's got an amazing voice.'
Melanie was mentored by Simon Cowell on the show and he is thrilled with her success. He revealed four labels have already shown their interest in signing her, although Melanie has a clear idea of what route she wants her career to take.
'I can do ballads, but I want to show people there is more. I can do anything if I put my mind to it,' she said.

No comments:

Post a Comment